TightVNC Server Remote Tool Installation on Raspberry Pi All Models
In this segment we are going to install “TightVNC Server Remote Tool on Raspberry Pi All Models”
What is TightVNC ?
TightVNC provides a graphical login to remote machines using RDP (Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol). TightVNC accepts connections from variety of RDP clients: FreeRDP, rdesktop, NeutrinoRDP and Microsoft Remote Desktop Client (for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android).
As Windows-to-Windows Remote Desktop can, TightVNC supports not only graphics remoting but also
- Two-way clipboard transfer (text, bitmap, file)
- Audio redirection
- Drive redirection (mount local client drives on remote machine)
- RDP transport is encrypted using TLS by default.
/> Software to Download
Raspbian OS Installation
- Download Raspbian OS from Official Website : raspberrypi.org
- Then write the image to the SD Card using : Etcher
- Now, Boot the Raspberry Pi with this SD Card, Follow the On-Screen Instructions and then open Terminal.
Update & Upgrade Raspbian
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Install TightVNC Server
sudo apt-get install tightvncserver sudo reboot
Starting TightVNC Server
- After that, we need to set our TightVNC Password.
Start TightVNC Server on StartUp
- To start the service on startup we need to edit : sudo nano /etc/rc.local
- Then we need to add
su - pi -c '/use/bin/vncserver :1'
- above exit 0
- After that, Press CTRL+X, then Y and hit ENTER to save the File.
- Then reboot the Raspberry Pi.
On Windows Computer
- Open TightVNC Viewer and enter the Raspberry Pi IP Address:5901 and click Connect.
- Enter the Password that you have created at the time of Installation.
- To check the RaspberryPi IP Address from windows use Wireless Network Watcher.
Get RaspberryPi IP Address from RaspberryPi
Reset TightVNC Password
Now, You are ready to use TightVNC on your Raspberry Pi.
If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial,
Please share your thoughts.