In this segment, we are going to show you how to install “XRDP Remote Tool on Raspberry Pi All Models”
What is XRDP?
xrdp is a free and open-source implementation of Microsoft RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) server that enables operating systems other than Microsoft Windows (such as Linux and BSD-style operating systems) to provide a fully functional RDP-compatible remote desktop experience. It works by bridging graphics from the X Window System to the client and relaying controls from the client back to X.
According to the developers, the protocol works with rdesktop, FreeRDP, and as well as Microsoft’s own Remote Desktop Client.
Source /> Wikipedia
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
|SD Card||Raspberry Pi Keyboard|
Raspbian OS Installation
- Download Raspbian OS from Official Website: raspberrypi.org
- Then write the image to the SD Card using: Etcher
- Now, Boot the Raspberry Pi with this SD Card, Follow the On-Screen Instructions and then open Terminal.
Install XRDP Remote Tool
sudo apt-get install xrdp sudo reboot
From Windows Computer Type in RUN
- This will open Remote Desktop Connection and ask to enter the Raspberry Pi IP Address.
- To check the Raspberry Pi IP Address from windows use Wireless Network Watcher.
Get RaspberryPi IP Address from Raspberry Pi
RaspberryPi Default User ID / Password
User ID : pi Password : raspberry
- You are ready to use XRDP on your Raspberry Pi.
- If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial, Please share your thoughts.
Please check out my other articles:
- How to install OpenMediaVault 5 on Raspberry Pi All Models
- OpenMediaVault 5 NAS Server on Raspberry Pi 4
- Plex Media Server on OMV 5 inside Docker with Portainer using RPi 4
- How to Install Radarr on OpenMediaVault 5 inside Docker with Portainer using RPi 4
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Share This Article with others|