In this segment we are going to install “XRDP Remote Tool on Raspberry Pi All Models”
What is XRDP ?
XRDP provides a graphical login to remote machines using RDP (Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol). xrdp accepts connections from variety of RDP clients: FreeRDP, rdesktop, NeutrinoRDP and Microsoft Remote Desktop Client (for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android).
As Windows-to-Windows Remote Desktop can, xrdp supports not only graphics remoting but also
- Two-way clipboard transfer (text, bitmap, file)
- Audio redirection
- Drive redirection (mount local client drives on remote machine)
- RDP transport is encrypted using TLS by default.
/> Software to Download
Raspbian OS Installation
- Download Raspbian OS from Official Website : raspberrypi.org
- Then write the image to the SD Card using : Etcher
- Now, Boot the Raspberry Pi with this SD Card, Follow the On-Screen Instructions and then open Terminal.
Install XRDP Remote Tool
sudo apt-get install xrdp sudo reboot
From Windows Computer Type in RUN
- This will open Remote Desktop Connection and ask to enter the Raspberry Pi IP Address.
- To check the Raspberry Pi IP Address from windows use Wireless Network Watcher.
Get RaspberryPi IP Address from Raspberry Pi
RaspberryPi Default User ID / Password
User ID : pi Password : raspberry
Now, You are ready to use XRDP on your Raspberry Pi.
If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial, Please share your thoughts.
- Improve macOS Performance and make it Double
- Unable to open application damaged or incomplete macOS
- RetroPie Installation & Configuration Complete Setup
- Lifetime Free VPN for Windows & Android
- Free VPN Setup on MAC OS All Models