In this segment we are going to “Integrate OnlyOffice with NextCloud inside Docker”
What is OnlyOffice ?
OnlyOffice (formerly TeamLab), stylized as ONLYOFFICE, is an open source office suite developed by Ascensio System SIA, a company with headquarters in Riga, Latvia. Solution features online document editors, platform for document management, corporate communication, mail and project management tools.
OnlyOffice is delivered either as a SaaS solution or as an installation for deployment on a private network. Access to the system is realized through private online portal.
What we are Using ?
- We are using Windows 7 and Docker Toolbox for this Project.
Installing OnlyOffice on Docker
docker run -i -t -d -p 80:80 onlyoffice/documentserver
- This command will download and run the OnlyOffice Document Server on Docker.
- After that it will be available on http://localhost. Where localhost is the IP Address of Docker.
- OnlyOffice Document Server minimum system requirement.
RAM: 4 GB or more CPU: dual-core 2 GHz or higher Swap: at least 2 GB HDD: at least 2 GB of free space Docker: version 1.9.0 or later
Installing NextCloud on Docker
docker run -d -p 8080:80 nextcloud
- This command will download and run the Nextcloud on Docker.
- Then you can access NextCloud on http://localhost:8080.
- Where localhost is the IP Address of Docker.
- Once you type the correct address you will be redirected to NextCloud Login Screen.
- Here you can type your username and password that you want to use as a Admin Account.
- If you want to use the NextCloud from outside your network, we recommend you to choose a strong password.
- Once you are happy with your settings, press the “Finish Setup” button, to finalize the setup process.
- It might take some time to finish the setup. So, please wait and don’t refresh the page.
Enable OnlyOffice on NextCloud
- Click on your user name initial from the Top right corner and select Apps.
- Now, from the left side of the screen we need to click on Text and Office.
- From this list we need to find OnlyOffice and then click on Download and Enable.
OnlyOffice Integration NextCloud
- Once we have Enable OnlyOffice then we need to open Settings from top right corner.
- Now, from settings we need to click on OnlyOffice from left side of the screen under Administrator panel.
- After that we need to type the IP Address of our OnlyOffice Document server as shown below.
- Then we need to click on save to Integrate OnlyOffice to NextCloud.
OnlyOffice Working on NextCloud
- Once the integration completed you can click on the + icon next to home.
- To create Office documents by using OnlyOffice.
Now, You are ready to use OnlyOffice with NextCloud on Docker.
If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial, Please share your thoughts.