In this segment we are going to show you how to “Install NAS Server on RaspberryPi using DietPi”
>/ What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
>/ Software need to Download
/> Installing DietPi NAS Server [SAMBA]
- Logging to SSH : For First Time
Default Username : root Default Password : dietpi
- Once, we connected to the DietPi then it require us to change the
Root Password and Unix Password.
I recommend you to put same password on both places.
- After you logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- This command will open the DietPi Luncher, for us and from here we need to select Software Optimized and press OK.
- Now, we need to navigate to Samba : Feature-rich FIle Server and press Spacebar to select it and press ok or Enter from the Keyboard.
- Now, we need to navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings and you are ready to use your DietPi Samba Server Image.
/> Accessing NAS Server
- You need to open the run box and type your Raspberry pi Ip address
- Address = \\Your Raspberry Pi IP Address or \\dietpi\dietpi
In my case \\192.168.1.73
Default Username : dietpi Default Password : dietpi
/> Change Samba password
smbpasswd -a dietpi
Now, You are ready to use DietPi on your Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus as NAS Server.
In future we are going to install other packages and check their working on DietPi.
Enjoy using DietPi NAS and share your thoughts.