In this segment, we are going to show you “How to Install Plex Media Server on OpenMediaVault 5 inside Docker with Portainer using Raspberry Pi 4“
What is Plex Media Server?
Full credit goes to the Linux server.
- Image URL: linuxserver/plex
OpenMediaVault Versions :
OpenMediaVault 5 Installation Guide :https://pcmac.biz/openmediavault-5-on-raspberry-pi/
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
|SD Card||Raspberry Pi Keyboard|
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
version: "2" services: plex: image: linuxserver/plex container_name: plex network_mode: host environment: - PUID=1000 - PGID=1000 - VERSION=docker - UMASK_SET=022 #optional - PLEX_CLAIM= #optional volumes: - /path/to/library:/config - path/to/tvseries:/tv - /path/to/movies:/movies restart: unless-stopped
How to find PUID & PGID
- However, to find PUID and PGID we can use the below-given command.
id name of the user UID : "PUID" GID : "PGID"
Plex Container Configuration
- First, we need to navigate to Containers and then click on Add container.
- Secondly, fill the details as mentioned below in the picture, Choose a name for your container and image name as linuxserver/plex
- Always pull the image option must be checked, if the image is not already downloaded.
Click to ZOOM
- Finally, once the configuration complete we can click on Deploy the container and when the status of our container is running we can go ahead and access it.
Access Plex Web Interface
- To access the Plex web interface we need to type the OpenMediaVault IP Address:32400/web
- After that follow the on-screen instructions to configure Plex or you can refer to our video.
- Above all steps will convert your Raspberry Pi 4 as Plex Media Server on OpenMediaVault 5 with the help of Docker.
- If you face any issue regarding this article please share your thoughts.
- Enjoy using Plex Media Server on Docker using Openmediavault. Smile (.”_”.)
Please check out my other articles:
- How to install OpenMediaVault 5 on Raspberry Pi All Models
- OpenMediaVault 5 NAS Server on Raspberry Pi 4
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Share This Article with others|