In this segment we are going to “Setup WiFi connection on OpenMediaVault”
What is OpenMediaVault ?
OpenMediaVault (OMV) is a free Linux distribution designed for Network-Attached Storage (NAS).
The project’s lead developer is Volker Theile, who instituted it in 2009. OMV is based on the Debian operating system, and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.
/> Software to Download
Access OpenMediaVault Web Interface
- To access the OpenMediaVault Web Interface we need to find the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- For that we will use Wireless Network Watcher and it will display the IP as shown below.
- Type this IP Address to your browser and it will open the login page for your OpenMediaVault.
- Now, you need to enter the Username & Password and login to your OpenMediaVault.
- OpenMediaVault Address = Your Raspberry Pi IP Address In my case 192.168.1.73
Default Username : admin Default Password : openmediavault
- First of all change Auto logout to Disabled.
- Now, Change the Web Administrative Password.
- After that we need to navigate to services to SSH enable Permit root login
OpenMediaVault SSH Login
- Open Putty and Login as root.
Default Username : root Default Password : openmediavault
- It will prompt you to change the password on first login.
OpenMediaVault Upgrade & Update
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
Installing RPI Update
sudo apt-get install rpi-update
Upgrade & Update RPI
sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get update
Update RPI Firmware
sudo rpi-update ef7621d91cb58ccc856c3c17ddda28685edd23f3
Installing Latest Wifi Driver
sudo dpkg -i firmware-brcm80211_20161130-3+rpt3_all.deb
OpenMediaVault Connect to WiFi
- Select your Network Name.
- Enter the password to connect to WiFi.
Now, you are all ready to set and access your Openmediavault by WiFi..
If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial,
Please share your thoughts.