In this segment we are going to show you “OpenMediaVault WiFi Setup Raspberry Pi 3B+”
What is OpenMediaVault ?
OpenMediaVault (OMV) is a free Linux distribution designed for Network-Attached Storage (NAS).
The project’s lead developer is Volker Theile, who instituted it in 2009. OMV is based on the Debian operating system, and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.
/> Software to Download
Equipment Required :
Access OpenMediaVault Web Interface
- To access the OpenMediaVault Web Interface we need to find the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- So, we need to use Wireless Network Watcher and it will display the IP as shown below.
- Now, as you have the IP Address type it in the browser and it will take you to the login page for your OpenMediaVault.
- After that we need to enter the Username & Password and login to our OpenMediaVault.
OpenMediaVault Address = Your Raspberry Pi IP Address
In my case 192.168.1.73
Default Username : admin Default Password : openmediavault
- First of all change Auto logout to Disabled.
- Now, Change the Web Administrative Password.
- After that we need to navigate to services to SSH enable Permit root login
OpenMediaVault SSH Login
- Open Putty and Login as root.
Default Username : root Default Password : openmediavault
- It will prompt you to change the password on first login.
OpenMediaVault Upgrade & Update
- First of all we need to Update & Upgrade our Openmediavault Packages.
apt-get update apt-get upgrade
Installing RPI Update
- After the Update & Upgrade finish we are going to install RPI Update.
apt-get install rpi-update
Upgrade & Update RPI
- Then again we need to Update & Upgrade all the packages.
apt-get upgrade apt-get update
Update RPI Firmware
- Followed by the previous command we will update the Firmware for Raspberry Pi 3B Plus
Installing Latest Wifi Driver
- Once the Firmware update is Finish then we will go ahead and download the latest WiFi driver for the Raspberry Pi 3B Plus Board.
dpkg -i firmware-brcm80211_20161130-3+rpt3_all.deb
OpenMediaVault WiFi Setup
- Now, type the below given command to connect with WiFi network on Openmediavault.
- After you entered the command then select your Network Name.
- Enter the password to connect to WiFi.
Now, you are all ready to set and access your Openmediavault by WiFi..
If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial,
Please share your thoughts.