OpenMediaVault WiFi Setup Raspberry Pi 3B
In this segment we are going to “Setup WiFi connection on OpenMediaVault”
What is OpenMediaVault ?
OpenMediaVault (OMV) is a free Linux distribution designed for Network-Attached Storage (NAS).
The project’s lead developer is Volker Theile, who instituted it in 2009. OMV is based on the Debian operating system, and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.
/> Software to Download
Access OpenMediaVault Web Interface
- To access the OpenMediaVault Web Interface we need to find the IP Address of our RaspberryPi.
- For that we will use Wireless Network Watcher and it will display the IP as shown below.
- Type this IP Address to your browser and it will open the login page for your OpenMediaVault.
- Now, you need to enter the Username & Password and login to your OpenMediaVault.
- OpenMediaVault Address = Your Raspberry Pi IP Address In my case 192.168.1.73
Default Username : admin Default Password : openmediavault
- First of all change Auto logout to Disabled.
- Now, Change the Web Administrative Password.
- After that we need to navigate to services to SSH enable Permit root login
OpenMediaVault SSH Login
- Open Putty and Login as root
Default Username : root Default Password : openmediavault
It will prompt you to change the password on first login.
OpenMediaVault Upgrade & Update
apt-get update apt-get upgrade
Edit Source.list File
- Add this line to end of the page
deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free
Update Package & Install Firmaware
apt-get update && apt-get install firmware-brcm80211
apt-get dist-upgrade reboot
OpenMediaVault Connect to WiFi
- Select your Network Name.
- Enter the password to connect to WiFi.
Known Issue : Case-1
/> Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/)
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/lock && sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock dpkg --configure -a
Known Issue’s : Case-2
/> GPG error No_PUBKEY?
apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 82B129927FA3303E
- Replace the Key with your Key
Now, you are all ready to set and access your Openmediavault by WiFi..
If you come across any issues or have some feedback related to this tutorial,
Please share your thoughts.
- How to Install Sonarr on OpenMediaVault 5 inside Docker with Portainer using RPi 4
- How to Install Radarr on OpenMediaVault 5 inside Docker with Portainer using RPi 4
- OpenMediaVault 5 Login Loop issue after Update
- Emby Media Server on OMV 5 inside Docker with Portainer using RPi 4
- Plex Media Server on OMV 5 inside Docker with Portainer using RPi 4