In this segment, we are going to show you how you can “Improve macOS Performance and make it Double“.
Note: Before doing any step, please check your Mac is updated or Not.
Step 1: Close all Open Applications
- Navigate to Apple Icon from Top Left Corner and then click on Force Quit.
- After that Force Quit all the open Applications except Finder.
Step 2: Backup Safari Bookmarks
- Navigate to Go and Select Go to folder Type: ~/Library. Then Hit Enter
- Then open the folder name Safari
- You will be able to find a file name Bookmarks.plist, this file contains the backup of all your bookmarks.
- Now you can either backup this file to online storage or copy it to a flash drive.
Step 3: Open ~/Library
- Now, Click Go Select Go to folder Type: ~/Library. Then Hit Enter
- Look for Cookies, Cache, and Safari. Select them all and Move to Trash.
- Navigate to Folder Saved Application State.
- Search for com.apple.Safari.savedState and Move to Trash.
- Then close the window.
Step 4: Open Terminal
- Now, Open Terminal.
- Copy and Paste all these commands at once in Terminal.
mv ~/Library/Safari ~/Desktop/Safari-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/Apple\ -\ Safari\ -\ Safari\ Extensions\ Gallery; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.PluginProcess; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Cookies/Cookies.binarycookies; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/Apple\ -\ Safari\ -\ Safari\ Extensions\ Gallery; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.LSSharedFileList.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebFoundation.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebKit.PluginHost.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebKit.PluginProcess.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/PubSub/Database; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.apple.Safari.savedState
These commands will fully wipe out all of your old Safari settings.
Restart the macOS and Open Safari again.
Step 5: Add Extensions to Safari
- Open Safari
- Click on Safari from the top left corner and click on Safari Extensions.
- Now select Adblocker from the available extensions and Install it.
- Open website : www.mywot.com & Install.
Step 6: Scan using Malwarebytes
- Open website www.malwarebytes.com
- Install Run a scan.
- If you find any malicious entries delete them.
Step 7: Scan using CCleaner
- Download CCleaner from https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?mac
- Install and Analysis for Junk Files. Once, Analysis is complete click on “Run Cleaner“.
- Now, Click on Tools then look for any unwanted application and uninstall it.
- After that click on StartUp and remove any suspicious startup entry.
Step 8: Install Anti-Virus
- Search for a free Anti-Virus and install it.
- My Choice: Avast, AVG, or Avira.
- Note: Don’t click on websites which start with Ad.
- Now your macOS performance is better than ever.
- Restart the Mac and Feel the difference. Smile (“_”)
Need to go through Articles
- How to Reset safari browser to factory default settings on macOS Catalina
- Improve macOS Performance and make it Double
- How to Setup Free VPN on macOS for all models
- Reset Safari on macOS without opening
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Share This Article with others|