In this segment we are going to show you how to “Install Emby Media Server on RaspberryPi inside DietPi”
>/ What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
>/ What is Emby Media Server ?
Emby is a media server designed to organize, play, and stream audio and video to a variety of devices. Emby’s source code is mostly open with some closed-source components as of August 2017, releases of the software published via the Emby website are however proprietary and cannot be replicated from source due to the build scripts also being proprietary. Emby uses a client-server model.
>/ Software need to Download
/> Package Required to Install
- 1. File Server : You can Install any one of the File Server from the List.
ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server Samba - Feature rich file server vsFTPD - Feature rich FTP file server NFS - Network file system server
- 2. Emby Media Server
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Pi.
- Then we need to open Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- Once, we logged in to DietPi, then type dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and press Enter.
- After that select Emby & Samba by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. Then it will take around 5-10 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
/> Access Web Interface
url = http://localhost:8096 "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- Open the URL and follow the onscreen guide to setup the Emby Media Server.
/> Accessing NAS Server
- You need to open the run box and type your RaspberryPi IP address
- Address = \\Your Raspberry Pi IP Address or \\dietpi\dietpi
In my case \\192.168.1.73
Default Username : dietpi Default Password : dietpi
/> Change Samba password
smbpasswd -a dietpi
Now, You are ready to use Emby Media Server on DietPi
Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.