What is OpenMediaVault?
OpenMediaVault (OMV) is a free Linux distribution designed for Network-Attached Storage (NAS). The project’s lead developer is Volker Theile, who instituted it in 2009. OMV is based on the Debian operating system and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.
OpenMediaVault Versions :
OpenMediaVault 5 Installation Guide :
Software Required :
Access OMV Web Interface
- To access the OpenMediaVault Web Interface we need to find the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- To find out the IP we will use the Wireless Network Watcher and it will display the IP as shown below.
- Type this IP Address to your browser and it will open the login page.
- Now, you need to enter the username & password and login to your OpenMediaVault.
OpenMediaVault Address = Your Raspberry Pi IP Address
In my case 192.168.1.73
Default Username : admin
Default Password : openmediavault
- Note: But in our case, we are not able to see the Login Page of OpenMediaVault.
Resolve OpenMediaVault No GUI Issue
- To resolve no GUI issue we need to connect raspberry pi to monitor with the keyboard attached.
- Then, we need to upgrade & update our system.
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get update
- Once update finish the we need to type the command to access omv-firstaid.
- After that, we need to configure network interface by pressing Enter.
Configure Network Interface
Enable WOL service
Configure Web Control Panel
Select port 80 and press Enter
- or you can choose according to your requirement.
Accessing OMV Web Interface
- Now you can easily access your openmediavault web interface on IP Address:80.
- You can change the port number according to your requirement.
- First of all change Auto logout to Disabled.
- Now, Change the Web Administrative Password.
- After that, we need to navigate to services to SSH enable Permit root login.
- Now open Terminal and Start Typing these Commands
- You are all set to access your Openmediavault.
- Please share your valuable feedback about the Article.
- Enjoy using Openmediavault.
Please check out my other articles:
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel
|Support us on Patreon
|Like us on Facebook
|Share This Article with others