In this segment we are going to resolve “You can’t open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete macOS” issue
- In this case on macOS all the icons changed to one single icon and you are not able to open any applications.
- Whenever you are trying to open any application it will generate a error that “You can’t open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete macOS“
- Apart from that you also not able to install new application downloaded from other computers as well.
- macOS creates several user and system-related cache files to speed up the system.
- The cache and temporary data located in /Library/Caches is under your control.
- You can manually delete this cache without any third-party tools.
- But the ones in the system folder are entirely managed by macOS. They’re not even visible to you.
- Sometimes items in these directories can take up vast amounts of disk space.
- Because of this condition you may find yourself in this situation.
- Thus, you might wonder whether it’s safe to delete the contents of /private/var/folders or not.
/> Software to Download
/> Location of /var/folders
- Use Finder Go to Folder menu to open /private/var/folders.
- Otherwise Press Cmd + Shift + G to bring up the Go to Folder box and enter /private/var/folders.
- This will open our desired folder.
- Once we see the folders do a Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select Services –> Open from the contextual menu.
- Now, we need to move all the folders to Trash from this window and leave zz as it is.
- Then we need to restart the macOS and Empty the Trash.
- After that restart the mac one more time and start using it.
Now, you are all set to use your macOS again with no issues.
If you find any issue