In this segment we are going to “Install & Configure RetroPie on Raspberry Pi All Models“
What is RetroPie ?
RetroPie allows you to turn your Raspberry Pi or PC into a retro-gaming machine. It builds upon Raspbian, EmulationStation, RetroArch and many other projects to enable you to play your favorite Arcade, home-console, and classic PC games with the minimum set-up. For power users it also provides a large variety of configuration tools to customize the system as you want.
Equipment Required :
Raspberry Pi All models
Micro SD Card 8 GB
Ethernet Cord for LAN Connection
Raspberry Pi Case
Software Required :
Downloading & Installing “RetroPie for RaspberryPi”
- First of all we need to download “RetroPie for RaspberryPi“ image to setup RetroPie.
Formatting the SD Card
- Now, We need SD Card Formatter tool to format the SD card.
- Once, the card is plugged in, It will automatically detect by the computer then you need to click on format to format the Card.
Flashing the SD Card
- After the SD card formatted successfully then we use Etcher and flash the RetroPie image to SD card.
Insert the SD Card to Raspberry Pi
- Once the card successfully got flashed then plug it in the Raspberry Pi. It will directly take you to Welcome Screen.
- That will ask you to configure your Keyboard or Game Pad if that is connected.
- Now, follow the onscreen guide to configure your Keyboard or your Game Pad.
/> Setup WiFi Connection RetroPie
- Now, we need to press the A button from the controller to access the RetroPie menu.
Then we need to navigate to WiFi and hit A again to access WiFi option.
- After that, we can choose the network of our choice by selecting the option Connect to WiFi network.
- Once its done you can navigate to Show IP option and press A to check the IP Address assign to RetroPie.
- Then make a note of the IP Address for future use.
Move Game Rom’s to RetroPie / Network
- Now, as we have the IP Address of our RetroPie we can use it to transfer roms to RetroPie.
- First of all we need to open the RUN box on Windows computer and type the IP Address as shown in picture.
- Or, you can use \\retropie in the RUN box or in the Explorer Address Bar to access the Roms folder.
- After that you will be able to see these folders, where roms folder is the important one.
- Then we need to open the roms folder and we will greet with all the popular roms folders.
- Now, you are all set to move your roms from computer to RetroPie through Network.
Move Game Rom’s to RetroPie / USB
Now, You are ready to use RetroPie on Raspberry Pi.
Enjoy using RetroPie and share your thoughts.
Please checkout my other articles:
Did you Like my Work ?
Please Like, Share and Subscribe our YouTube Channel.