In this segment we are going to show you how to “Reset Safari on macOS without opening“
Note : Before doing any step, please check your Mac is updated or Not.
/> Software to Download
Step 1 : Close all Open Applications
- Navigate to Apple Icon from Top Left Corner and then click on Force Quit.
- After that Force Quit all the open Applications except Finder.
Step 2 : Backup Safari Bookmarks
- Navigate to Go and Select Go to folder Type: ~/Library. Then Hit Enter
- Then open the folder name Safari
- You will be able to find a file name Bookmarks.plist, this file contain the backup of all your bookmarks.
- Now you can either backup this file to online storage or copy it to a flash drive.
Step 3 : Open ~/Library
- Now, Click Go Select Go to folder Type: ~/Library. Then Hit Enter
- Look for Cookies, Cache and Safari. Select them all and Move to Trash.
- Navigate to Folder Saved Application State.
- Search for com.apple.Safari.savedState and Move to Trash.
- Then Close the window.
Step 4 : Open Terminal
- Now, Open Terminal.
- Copy and Paste all these commands at once in Terminal.
mv ~/Library/Safari ~/Desktop/Safari-`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S`; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/Apple\ -\ Safari\ -\ Safari\ Extensions\ Gallery; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/Metadata/Safari; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.WebKit.PluginProcess; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Cookies/Cookies.binarycookies; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/Apple\ -\ Safari\ -\ Safari\ Extensions\ Gallery; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.LSSharedFileList.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.RSS.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebFoundation.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebKit.PluginHost.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.WebKit.PluginProcess.plist; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/PubSub/Database; \ rm -Rf ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.apple.Safari.savedState
These commands will fully wipe out all of your old Safari settings.
Restart the Mac and Open Safari again.