In this segment, we are going to show you “Top Best Free, Fast, Reliable and Open Source DNS Servers“
What is Open Source?
Open source is source code that is made freely available for possible modification and redistribution. Products include permission to use the source code, design documents, or content of the product. The open-source model is a decentralized software development model that encourages open collaboration. A main principle of open-source software development is peer production, with products such as source code, blueprints, and documentation freely available to the public. The open-source movement in software began as a response to the limitations of proprietary code. The model is used for projects such as in open-source appropriate technology, and open-source drug discovery.
Checkout below articles for more detailed information
What is DNS?
DNS stands for DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM, its major job is to convert or we can say translate the website address to computer language i.e. the IP Address and vice-versa.
Why we need DNS Servers?
- DNS servers play an important role while we are browsing the internet. As we mentioned earlier that it translate website name to IP address and vice-versa. But the problem occurs when it takes a lot of time to complete this process.
- This will hamper our total web experience and we are not able to work properly over the Internet.
To resolve the issue we introduce you to top 5 Free, Fast, Reliable, and Open Source DNS Servers, that can resolve your slow browsing issue forever.
Top Free DNS Server Provider for Personal Use
GOOGLE Public DNS
A free, global DNS resolution service that you can use as an alternative to your current DNS provider.
- Configure your network settings to use the IP addresses 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 as your DNS servers.
If you decide to try Google Public DNS, your client programs will perform all DNS lookups using Google Public DNS.
For more info visit : Public DNS | Google Developers
DNS is a mission-critical component for any online business. Yet this component is often overlooked and forgotten, until something breaks.
- Cloudflare’s 18.104.22.168 is the world’s fastest and most reliable public DNS resolver*
Cloudflare DNS is an enterprise-grade authoritative DNS service that offers the fastest response time, unparalleled redundancy, and advanced security with built-in DDoS mitigation and DNSSEC.
For more info visit : Cloudflare DNS | Authoritative and Secondary DNS | Cloudflare
Quad9 is a free service that replaces your default ISP or enterprise Domain Name Server (DNS) configuration. When your computer performs any Internet transaction that uses the DNS (and most transactions do), Quad9 blocks lookups of malicious host names from an up-to-the-minute list of threats. This blocking action protects your computer, mobile device, or IoT systems against a wide range of threats such as malware, phishing, spyware, and botnets, and it can improve performance in addition to guaranteeing privacy. The Quad9 DNS service is operated by the Swiss-based Quad9 Foundation, whose mission is to provide a safer and more robust Internet for everyone.
For more info visit : Quad9 | A public and free DNS service for a better security and privacy
Recommended: Malware Blocking, DNSSEC Validation (this is the most typical configuration)
- IPv4 : 22.214.171.124 | 126.96.36.199
- IPv6 : 2620:fe::fe | 2620:fe::9
- HTTPS : https://dns.quad9.net/dns-query
- TLS : tls://dns.quad9.net
- You can use any of the above DNS service provider for better speed, privacy and security.
Please check out my other articles:
- How to Setup Free VPN on macOS for all models
- Fastest Free VPN for Windows, Mac, and Android
- Free VPN Lifetime Windows & Android
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe to our YouTube Channel|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Share This Article with others|