In this segment we are going to show you how to “Install DietPi Plex Media Server on Raspberry Pi“
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
>/ Software need to Download
/> Package Required to Install
1. File Server : You can Install any one of the File Server from the List.
ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server. Samba - Feature rich file server. vsFTPD - Feature rich FTP file server. NFS - Network file system server.
2. Plex Media Server
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select Plex & Samba by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
- After that you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finalize Plex Media Server setup.
/> Access Web Interface
url = http://localhost:32400/web "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- Once you open this URL then you need to follow the onscreen guide to setup the DietPi Plex Media Server.
/> Accessing NAS Server
- You need to open the run box and type your Raspberry pi IP address.
In my case \\192.168.1.73 - Default Username : dietpi - Default Password : dietpi
/> Change Samba password
smbpasswd -a dietpi
Now, You are ready to use DietPi Plex Media Server as your own Personal Storage space on Cloud.
Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.