DietPi Plex Media Server Installation
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
>/ Software need to Download
/> Package Required to Install
1. File Server : You can Install any one of the File Server from the List.
ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server. Samba - Feature rich file server. vsFTPD - Feature rich FTP file server. NFS - Network file system server.
2. Plex Media Server
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select Plex & Samba by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
- After that you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finalize Plex Media Server setup.
/> Access Web Interface
url = http://localhost:32400/web "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- Once you open this URL then you need to follow the onscreen guide to setup the DietPi Plex Media Server.
/> Accessing NAS Server
- You need to open the run box and type your Raspberry pi IP address.
In my case \\192.168.1.73 - Default Username : dietpi - Default Password : dietpi
/> Change Samba password
smbpasswd -a dietpi
Now, You are ready to use DietPi Plex Media Server as your own Personal Storage space on Cloud.
Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.
Please checkout my other articles:
Did you Like my Work ?
Please Like, Share and Subscribe our YouTube Channel.