What is DietPi?
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
You can Buy Raspberry Pi 4 Kit from here
What is Plex Media Server?
Plex is a client-server media player system and software suite comprising two main components. The Plex Media Server desktop application runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux-compatibles including some types of NAS devices.
The server desktop application organizes video, audio, and photos from a user’s collections and online services, enabling the players to access and stream the contents. There are also official clients available for mobile devices, smart TVs, and streaming boxes, a web app, and Plex Home Theater (no longer maintained), as well as many third-party alternatives.
Package Required to Install
1. File Server: You can Install any one of the File Server from the List.
ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server. Samba - Feature rich file server. vsFTPD - Feature-rich FTP file server. NFS - Network file system server.
2. Plex Media Server
- First of all, we need to open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select Plex & Samba by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete the setup.
- Once the setup completes the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the Plex Media Server setup.
Access Web Interface
url = http://localhost:32400/web "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- Once you open this URL then you need to follow the onscreen guide to setup the DietPi Plex Media Server.
Accessing NAS Server
- You need to open the run box and type your Raspberry pi IP address.
In my case \\192.168.1.73 - Default Username : dietpi - Default Password : dietpi
Change Samba password
smbpasswd -a dietpi
- Now, You are ready to use Plex Media Server on DietPi as your personal media center.
- Enjoy using Plex and share your thoughts.
Please check out my other articles:
- How to install OpenMediaVault 5 on Raspberry Pi All Models
- How to Keep Up with Your Favorite Shows When You’re Away from Home
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Share This Article with others|