In this segment, we are going to show you “How to Remove Ghost Mailbox from User Mailbox”. This tutorial is applicable to all Outlook Versions.
What is a Ghost Mailbox?
When a mailbox automatically appears in a user account outlook without assigning permission by the administrator. This type of mailbox is called a Ghost Mailbox.
- You need to have maximum user administration access to perform the below actions.
Things to remember
- We need to check whether any permission was granted for the user over the mailbox or not from Office 365 and Exchange on-premise.
Let’s start the Guide: Remove Ghost Mailbox
PowerShell script for on-premise Exchange
- We need to check the permission of the shared mailbox.
Get-MailboxPermission -Identity SharedOnPremMailbox -User <UserIdentity> | fl
After that, we can remove access to the mailbox for the user.
Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity SharedOnPremMailbox -User <UserIdentity> -AccessRights FullAccess
PowerShell script for Cloud Exchange [Office 365]
- Connect to Exchange Online PowerShell using the below command.
- We can use the below command to remove the permission of the Ghost Mailbox.
Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity <MailboxIdentity> -User <UserIdentity> -AccessRights FullAccess
Once you use the above command, It will surely resolve the issue and you will get rid of Ghost Mailbox from your Outlook.
Did you find us helpful?
Support us on Patreon, Follow us on Facebook