In this segment we are going to show you how to fix “Safari shows question marks instead of text” applicable for all Safari Versions
Suddenly Safari start showing question marks instead of regular text and you didn’t made any changes on your system. So, who is the culprit here let’s find the solutions to resolve this issue.
Things to remember
Reason: Safari shows question marks
- This is an issue due to Corrupt fonts or Multiple copy of fonts installed on Mac OS.
- When we install third party software especially “Adobe Software’s”. They will download the fonts from there website and install it on Mac.
Avoid future problems
Before going for any steps, we need to take precaution and copy all of our fonts.
- Open Font Book, click on All Fonts,
- Now click on any of them in the list and press Command-A to Select All.
Then choose File, “Export Fonts” and save them all to somewhere on your Mac.
Let’s fix the issue
- Open the Font Book app located under Applications.
- From the Font Book menu bar,
- Click Font Book > Preferences then
- Click Resolve Duplicates by moving files to the Trash.
- Quit and relaunch Safari to test on your website.
Step-1: Try starting up in Safe Mode
- Start up the Mac OS in Safe Mode and follow below steps.
- Follow official Article: How to use safe mode on your Mac – Apple Support
Step-2: Restore Standard fonts
- Click on Finder > Applications > Font Book > File > Restore Standard fonts.
- Follow official guide to restore Fonts: Restore fonts that came with your Mac using Font Book – Apple Support (IN)
If the above fix are not able to resolve the font issue. Then you need to backup the system and try to re-install the Mac OS.
- Follow the official Guide: How to reinstall macOS – Apple Support
Did you find us helpful?
Support us on Patreon, Follow on Facebook