In this segment, we are going to show you “How to install Docker on OpenMediaVault 5 Raspberry Pi 4” and check its working.
What is OpenMediaVault?
OpenMediaVault (OMV) is a free Linux distribution designed for network-attached storage (NAS). OMV is based on the Debian operating system and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.
Source /> Wikipedia
OpenMediaVault 5 Installation Guide
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
|SD Card||Raspberry Pi Keyboard|
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Access OpenMediaVault Web Interface
- To access the OpenMediaVault Web Interface we need to use the same IP Address of our Raspberry Pi after 2-3 minutes.
OpenMediaVault Address = Your Raspberry Pi IP Address
- After that, we need to enter the Username & Password and login to our OpenMediaVault.
Default Username : admin Default Password : openmediavault
- Firstly, you need to change Auto logout to Disabled.
- Secondly, change the Web Administrative Password to a strong password of your choice.
- Thirdly, navigate to System > Network and add an Ethernet interface.
- Under General Settings, we need to select our eth0 Ethernet Interface.
- After that under IPv4, we need to select DHCP and save the configuration.
- Finally, we need to navigate to services to SSH enable Permit root login.
Setup Static IP Address
OpenMediaVault SSH Login
- After that, open Putty uses the Raspberry Pi address to log in as root.
Default Username : pi Default Password : use the password that you have changed.
- Further, It will prompt you to change the password on the first login.
OpenMediaVault Update & Upgrade
- Further, we need to Update & Upgrade our Openmediavault Packages.
sudo su apt-get update apt-get upgrade
- To install docker on OpenMediaVault, we need to follow the simple steps.
- To install Portainer we need to click on the drop-down from portainer and click on Install and this will also install on our Docker.
- You are ready to use OpenMediaVault 5 as NAS Server on Raspberry Pi 4.
- If you have any suggestions regarding this article please mention in the comment section down below.
- Smile (“_”).
Please check out my other articles:
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Share This Article with others|
[…] Postagem anteriorphpMyAdmin no OpenMediaVault com Docker e Portainer | Raspberry Pi Próxima postagemDocker no OpenMediaVault 5 Raspberry Pi 4 […]