OpenMediaVault 5 Login Loop issue after Update
In this segment we are going to show you “How you can resolve OpenMediaVault 5 login loop issue after any update or upgrade”
What is OpenMediaVault ?
OpenMediaVault (OMV) is a free Linux distribution designed for network-attached storage (NAS). The project’s lead developer is Volker Theile, who instituted it in 2009. OMV is based on the Debian operating system, and is licensed through the GNU General Public License v3.
Source /> Wikipedia
OpenMediaVault Versions :
OpenMediaVault 5 Installation Guide :
Resolve OpenMediaVault 5 Login Loop issue
- This issue is usually occured because of openmediavault-flashmeory ristrict user from login into openmediavault web interface after an update.
- Whenever we are trying to login into OpenMediaVault it give us the login screen again and create a loop.
- We can easily resolve this issue by removing our openmediavault old login sessions.
- First of all we need to login to our OpenMediaVault using SSH.
- Then use the below given command to remove sessions folder.
sudo rm -rf /var/lib/php/sessions
- After that, we can create a new sessions folder with below given command.
- Moreover, we use ‘777‘ permission, so everyone can read, write and execute the folder.
sudo mkdir -m 777 /var/lib/php/sessions
- In addition, we can check sessions folder status and its permission using ls command.
ls /var/lib/php -l
- At last, we can reload the nginx server. so that all the changes can be applied successfully.
- Once the nginx server reload then we can go ahead and reboot the system.
sudo nginx -s reload sudo reboot
In conclusion, you are all set to use OpenMediaVault 5 without any login issue.
However, If you face any issue regarding this article please share your thoughts.
Enjoy using Openmediavault 5.
Please checkout my other articles:
Did you Like my Work ?
Please Like, Share and Subscribe our YouTube Channel.