In this segment, we are going to create “DietPi WiFI HotSpot on Raspberry Pi“
What is DietPi?
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
You can Buy Raspberry Pi 4 Kit from here
What is WiFi HotSpot?
A hotspot is a physical location where people may obtain Internet access, typically using Wi-Fi technology, via a wireless local area network (WLAN) using a router connected to an internet service provider.
Public hotspots may be created by a business for use by customers, such as coffee shops or hotels. Public hotspots are typically created from wireless access points configured to provide Internet access, controlled to some degree by the venue. In its simplest form, venues that have broadband Internet access can create public wireless access by configuring an access point (AP), in conjunction with a router, and connecting the AP to the Internet connection. A single wireless router combining these functions may suffice.
Private hotspots may be configured on a smartphone or tablet with a mobile network data plan to allow Internet access to other devices via Bluetooth pairing or if both the hotspot device and the device/s accessing it are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Package Required to Install
WiFi HotSpot - Turn your device into a wireless hotspot/access point.
- First of all, we need to open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select WiFi HotSpot by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete the setup.
- Once the setup completes the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
- After that, you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finalize the WiFi HotSpot setup.
WiFi HotSpot Default Settings
SSID : DietPi-HotSpot Password : dietpihotspot
Change WiFi HotSpot Default Settings
- First of all, we need to type dietpi-config, which will take us to the dietpi configuration screen.
- Then we need to navigate to Networking Options: –> Adapters, then select WiFi.
- After that, you can change your SSID and Security Key from here.
- It is highly recommended you set the Country Code to your country.
- Depending on your country’s regulations, this could allow for channels 12/13 and increased power output (range) for the hotspot.
- Now, You are ready to use WiFI HotSpot with DietPi on your Raspberry Pi.
- Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Share This Article with others|