In this segment we are going to show you how you can “Install PiHole on RaspberryPi inside DietPi”
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
>/ Software need to Download
>/ What is PiHole Server ?
Pi-hole is a Linux network-level advertisement and internet tracker blocking application which acts as a DNS sinkhole (And optionally a DHCP server), intended for use on a private network. It is designed for use on embedded devices with network capability, such as the Raspberry Pi, but can be used on other machines running Linux and cloud implementations.
Pi-hole has the ability to block traditional website adverts as well as adverts in unconventional places, such as smart TVs and mobile operating system adverts.
/> Package Required to Install
Pi-Hole- A DNS/Web server that will block ads for any device on your network
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select Pi-Hole by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Change DHCP network to Static IP and apply all the changes.
- Now, exit out from the menu and navigate to install and press OK
- Once the setup begin it ask to select the Interface.
- So, you need to select the interface through which you are connected to internet.
- Select Upstream DNS Provider use the default option if you don’t know abot other option.
- After that press OK to select all default AD-Block Servers.
- Now, we need to install Web Admin Interface and press OK.
- Now, we need to right down the password and to login to pihole. we need to type IP.
- After that installation will complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
Now, You are ready to use PiHole Server with DietPi on your Raspberry Pi.
Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.