DietPi Tor WiFi HotSpot Installation
In this segment we are going to show you how to “Install DietPi TOR WiFi HotSpot on Raspberry Pi“
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
>/ Software need to Download
/> Package Required to Install
- WiFi HotSpot – Turn your device into a wireless hotspot/access point.
- Tor HotSpot – Optional: Routes all WiFi HotSpot traffic through the Tor network.
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select WiFi HotSpot & Tor HotSpot by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
- After that you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finalize Tor HotSpot setup.
/> Tor WiFi HotSpot Default Settings
SSID : DietPi-HotSpot Password : dietpihotspot
/> Verify traffic is being routed through Tor
- On the connected WiFi device, go to the following URL: https://check.torproject.org
- If you see this screen that means you are not connected to your Tor Hotspot or something went wrong.
- If you are connected to Tor Hotspot you will see this screen.
/> Change WiFi HotSpot Default Settings
- First of all we need to type dietpi-config, that will take us to the dietpi configuration secreen.
- Then we need to navigate to Networking Options: >> Adapters, then select WiFi.
- After that you can change your SSID and Security Key from here.
- It is highly recommended you set the Country Code to your country.
- Depending on your country regulations, this could allow for channels 12/13 and increased power output (range) for the hotspot.
Now, You are ready to use DietPi Tor WiFI HotSpot on your Raspberry Pi.
Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.