What is DietPi?
DietPi is an extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than ‘Raspbian Lite’). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
|SD Card||Raspberry Pi Keyboard|
What is OwnCloud?
It also supports extensions that allow it to work like Google Drive, with online document editing, calendar and contact synchronization, and more. Its openness avoids enforced quotas on storage space or the number of connected clients, instead of having hard limits (like on storage space or the number of users) defined only by the physical capabilities of the server.
Package Required to Install
- Webserver: You can Install any one of the Webservers from the List. [Optional]
LAMP Webserver - Apache2 / MariaDB / PHP LASP Webserver - Apache2 / SQLite / PHP LEMP Webserver - Nginx / MariaDB / PHP LESP Webserver - Nginx / SQLite / PHP LLMP Webserver - Lighttpd / MariaDB / PHP LLSP Webserver - Lighttpd / SQLite / PHP
- First of all, we need to open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, you need to open Software Optimized and select OwnCloud by using the spacebar. and then press OK.
- After that navigate to Install and press OK. Then the installation will take around 15-20 min to complete the setup.
- Once the setup completes the system will reboot to finalize the settings and you are ready to use your DietPi OwnCloud.
Access Web Interface
url = http://localhost/owncloud "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address." - Username : admin - Password : DietPi Password
- Now, You are ready to use OwnCloud as your Personal Storage space on Cloud.
- Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Share This Article with others|
I have added my samba drive in external storage but i try to open it in owncloud, i get an error ‘Storage is temporarily not available’.
Also, when i try to access it externally, i get an error ‘You are accessing the server from an untrusted domain.
Please contact your administrator. If you are an administrator of this instance, configure the “trusted_domains” setting in config/config.php. An example configuration is provided in config/config.sample.php or at the documentation.’
I am running a small website on the same ip. can that cause this problem?
I have dietpi installed on my raspberry pi 4. I have added my samba drive in external storage but i try to open it in owncloud, i get an error ‘Storage is temporarily not available’.