In this segment, we are going to “Install Plex Media Server on Docker for Raspberry Pi All Models”
What is Plex Media Server?
|Plex is a client-server media player system and software suite comprising two main components. The Plex Media Server desktop application runs on Windows, macOS, and Linux-compatibles including some types of NAS devices.|
The server desktop application organizes video, audio, and photos from a user’s collections and online services, enabling the players to access and stream the contents. There are also official clients available for mobile devices, smart TVs, and streaming boxes, a web app, and Plex Home Theater (no longer maintained), as well as many third-party alternatives.
Software Required :
|Raspberry Pi 4||Case|
You can Buy Raspberry Pi 4 Kit from here
Raspbian OS Installation
- Download Raspbian OS from Official Website: raspberrypi.org
- Then write the image to the SD Card using: Etcher
- Now, Boot the Raspberry Pi with this SD Card, Follow the On-Screen Instructions and then open Terminal.
Enabling SSH in Raspbian OS
- By default, SSH is disabled in Raspbian. So, we need to enable it from the desktop.
- Launch the Raspberry Pi Configuration.
Menu –> Preferences –> Raspberry Pi Configuration
- Navigate to the Interfaces tab
- Select Enabled next to SSH
- Click OK.
Enabling SSH in Raspbian OS through Terminal
- Enter sudo raspi-config in a terminal window
- Select Interfacing Options
- Navigate to and select SSH
- Choose Yes–> Ok –> Finish
Enabling SSH in Raspbian OS through Commands
sudo systemctl enable ssh sudo systemctl start ssh
Plex on Docker
Pull Plex Docker Image
- This command will pull the Plex image for Docker.
docker pull lsioarmhf/plex
To find PUID & PGID type
- Type ID on the start prompt and you will find UID & GID. As shown in the picture below.
- Let’s set up the Plex container with the following commands.
docker create \ --name=plex \ --net=host \ -e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 \ -e TZ=Asia/Kolkata \ -v /mnt/PcMac:/config \ -v /mnt/PcMac:/data/movies \ -v /mnt/PcMac:/data/tvshows \ -v /mnt/PcMac:/transcode \ lsioarmhf/plex
Start Plex Container
- Docker start command will be going to start the Plex Container.
docker start "Container Name or ID"
Accessing Plex Media Server
- Here server local IP Address is your Raspberry Pi Address.
- You are ready to use Plex with Docker on your Raspberry Pi.
- Please share your valuable feedback about the article.
- Enjoy using Plex on Raspberry Pi.
Did you find us helpful?
|Subscribe our YouTube Channel|
|Like us on Facebook|
|Support us on Patreon|
|Share This Article with others|