In this segment we are going to "Install WiFI HotSpot on RaspberryPi inside DietPi"
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than 'Raspbian Lite'). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
Equipment Required :
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +
Micro SD Card "Minimum 4 GB"
Ethernet Cord for LAN Connection
External Hard Drive or USB Drive
Raspberry Pi Case
What is WiFi HotSpot ?
A hotspot is a physical location where people may obtain Internet access, typically using Wi-Fi technology, via a wireless local area network (WLAN) using a router connected to an internet service provider.
Public hotspots may be created by a business for use by customers, such as coffee shops or hotels. Public hotspots are typically created from wireless access points configured to provide Internet access, controlled to some degree by the venue. In its simplest form, venues that have broadband Internet access can create public wireless access by configuring an access point (AP), in conjunction with a router and connecting the AP to the Internet connection. A single wireless router combining these functions may suffice.
Private hotspots may be configured on a smartphone or tablet with a mobile network data plan to allow Internet access to other devices via Bluetooth pairing or if both the hotspot device and the device/s accessing it are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
> Package Required to Install
- WiFi HotSpot - Turn your device into a wireless hotspot/access point.
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, navigate to Software Optimized and select WiFi HotSpot by using the Spacebar and press OK.
- Then navigate to Install and press OK. After that installation will take around 5-10 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings.
- After that you need to follow the on-screen instructions to finalize WiFi HotSpot setup.
> WiFi HotSpot Default Settings
- SSID : DietPi-HotSpot
- Password : dietpihotspot
> Change WiFi HotSpot Default Settings
- First of all we need to type dietpi-config, that will take us to the dietpi configuration secreen.
- Then we need to navigate to Networking Options: >> Adapters, then select WiFi.
- After that you can change your SSID and Security Key from here.
- It is highly recommended you set the Country Code to your country.
- Depending on your country regulations, this could allow for channels 12/13 and increased power output (range) for the hotspot.
Enjoy using it and share your thoughts.