In this segment we are going to
"Install Ubooquity Comic & E-Book reader on RaspberryPi inside DietPi"
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than 'Raspbian Lite'). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
Equipment Required :
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +
Micro SD Card "Minimum 4 GB"
Ethernet Cord for LAN Connection
External Hard Drive or USB Drive
Raspberry Pi Case
What is Ubooquity ?
Ubooquity is a free home server for your comics and ebooks library. Read your ebooks and comics on your favorite device, wherever you go.
> Package Required to Install
1. File Server : You can Install any one of the File Server from the List.
- ProFTP - Simple, efficient, lightweight FTP file server.
- Samba - Feature rich file server.
- vsFTPD - Feature rich FTP file server.
- NFS - Network file system server.
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, you need to open Software Optimized and select Ubooquity by using the spacebar. and then press OK.
- After that navigate to Install and press OK. Then the installation will take around 5 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings and you are ready to use your NextCloud.
> Access Admin Page
- url = http://localhost/2038/admin "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- You need to set the password on first login.
> Access Library Page
- url = http://localhost/2039 "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
> Default Location to save Comics & E-Books
- Comics = /mnt/dietpi_userdata/comics
- EBooks = /mnt/dietpi_userdata/ebooks