In this segment we are going to "Install OwnCloud Server on RaspberryPi inside DietPi"
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than 'Raspbian Lite'). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
Equipment Required :
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +
Micro SD Card "Minimum 4 GB"
Ethernet Cord for LAN Connection
External Hard Drive or USB Drive
Raspberry Pi Case
What is OwnCloud ?
OwnCloud is a suite of client–server software for creating and using file hosting services. OwnCloud is functionally very similar to the widely used Dropbox, with the primary functional difference being that the Server Edition of OwnCloud is free and open-source, and thereby allowing anyone to install and operate it without charge on a private server.
It also supports extensions that allow it to work like Google Drive, with online document editing, calendar and contact synchronization, and more. Its openness avoids enforced quotas on storage space or the number of connected clients, instead having hard limits (like on storage space or number of users) defined only by the physical capabilities of the server.
> Package Required to Install
- LAMP Webserver - Apache2 / MariaDB / PHP
- LASP Webserver - Apache2 / SQLite / PHP
- LEMP Webserver - Nginx / MariaDB / PHP
- LESP Webserver - Nginx / SQLite / PHP
- LLMP Webserver - Lighttpd / MariaDB / PHP
- LLSP Webserver - Lighttpd / SQLite / PHP
2. Webserver : You can Install any one of the Webserver from the List. [Optional]
- First of all we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Raspberry Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, you need to open Software Optimized and select OwnCloud by using the spacebar. and then press OK.
- After that navigate to Install and press OK. Then the installation will take around 15-20 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings and you are ready to use your OwnCloud.
> Access Web Interface
- url = http://localhost/owncloud "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- Username : admin
- Password : DietPi Password