In this segment we are going to "Install NextCloud on RaspberryPi inside DietPi"
What is DietPi ?
DietPi is extremely lightweight operating system, start at 400MB in size (3x lighter than 'Raspbian Lite'). With features of low process/memory footprint and DietPi-RAMlog installed by default, DietPi allows you to get the maximum performance from your device.
Equipment Required :
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B +
Micro SD Card "Minimum 4 GB"
Ethernet Cord for LAN Connection
External Hard Drive or USB Drive
Raspberry Pi Case
What is NextCloud ?
Nextcloud is a suite of client-server software for creating and using file hosting services. It is functionally similar to Dropbox, although Nextcloud is free and open-source, allowing anyone to install and operate it on a private server.
In contrast to proprietary services like Dropbox, the open architecture allows adding functionality to the server in the form of applications and enables users to have full control of their data.
The original ownCloud developer Frank Karlitschek forked ownCloud and created Nextcloud, which continues to be actively developed by Karlitschek and other members of the original ownCloud team.
/> Package Required to Install
- LAMP Webserver - Apache2 / MariaDB / PHP
- LASP Webserver - Apache2 / SQLite / PHP
- LEMP Webserver - Nginx / MariaDB / PHP
- LESP Webserver - Nginx / SQLite / PHP
- LLMP Webserver - Lighttpd / MariaDB / PHP
- LLSP Webserver - Lighttpd / SQLite / PHP
2. Webserver : You can Install any one of the Webserver from the List. [Optional]
- Firstly, we need of open Wireless Network Watcher to access the IP Address of our Pi.
- Then we need to open SSH console Putty, and type the IP Address to connect the DietPi CLI.
- After we logged in to DietPi, then you need to type a command to access the dietpi-software.
- Now, you need to open Software Optimized and select NextCloud by using the spacebar. and then press OK.
- After that navigate to Install and press OK. Then the installation will take around 15-20 min to complete setup.
- Once the setup complete the system will reboot to finalize the settings and you are ready to use your NextCloud.
/> Access Web Interface
- url = http://localhost/nextcloud "where 'localhost' is your DietPi IP Address."
- Username : admin
- Password : DietPi Password